The Township Assistant Assessor, Kelly Jellison, MCAO, MCPPE determines the appraised value of propertythrough statistical and analytical methods. Property values are based upon the General Property Tax Act 206 of 1893 as amended and Proposal A of 1984.
These taxable values are used to determine the distribution of property taxes levied to taxpayers. Only If values are current, correct and equitable will tax limits, debt limits and the distribution of state funds to the state, county, cities and townships, schools, colleges, etc. be as the Legislature intended.
The assessor maintains property record cards at the township office reflecting such things as current ownership of real property by accurately tracking all land transfers, splits and subdivisions. This helps develop accurate and fair assessment rolls, land value maps and economic condition maps (ECF) for the township, Allegan County and the Michigan State Tax Commission.
December 2022 Board of Review is scheduled for Tuesday, December 13 at 4:00pm at the Township Hall
For more info contact the Township Assistant Assessor, Kelly Jellison, at the Township Hall, Monday thru Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Forms & Petitions
Saugatuck Township Assessing Department Forms must be filed with the Township Assistant Assessor, Kelly Jellison.
- Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit .
If you own and occupy your principal residence, it may be exempt from a portion of your local school operating taxes. To claim an exemption complete this affidavit and file it with the Township. Visit the Michigan Dept. of Treaury for more information.
- Request & Rescind of Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) enables people who are selling or converting their home to rescind their former exemption or change the percentage of their principal residence.
- Property Transfer Affidavit must be filed whenever real estate or some types of personal property are transferred even if you are not recording a deed.
- Conditional Rescission Affidavit of PRE
- Foreclosure Entity Conditional Rescission of PRE
- Farmland Exemption from School Operating Tax
- Petition to Board of Review L-4035 FAQs
- Poverty Exemption Affidavit